TRIO Roofing Employee Training Courses Completed
TRIO staff have participated and completed the following safety courses. All training is kept up to date:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) – The WHMIS is Canada’s “hazard communication standard. Primary components of the system include cautionary container labeling for the system’s “controlled products”, the stipulation of material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and the completion of worker education/training programs.
- First Aid & CPR
- Health & Safety Awareness Program
- Infrastructure Health & Safety Association (IHSA) Propane in Construction Program – The” program was created to inform and facilitate hands-on experience essential for trade workers and contractors to be able to safely connect, activate, and disconnect heaters, torches, and propane-powered equipment no greater than 400,000 BTU/h. This IHSA program is in accord to the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) requirements of Canada.
- Fall Protection
- Forklift & Boom Operations
- Asbestos Training
TRIO Roofing Safety Advisor Qualified to Provide In-House Training
To ensure that TRIO’s staff receives proper training upon hiring and before the expiration of their certification, our Safety Advisor Carlos Vilarinho has been qualified to provide in-house training. With 18 years of Roofing experience and adding an additional course load in Health & Safety he is now qualified to perform training in-house, ensuring that all TRIO staff is kept up to date. Martin is certified to teach the following courses:
- Working at Heights – Fall Protection
- Worker Safety Awareness
- Occupational Safety Group